Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chemical Free Lifestyle

Since I was young I have noticed that when I wear tight fitting clothes they itch my body, I thought I was allergic to jeans.  In high school I wanted to write an essay about laundry detergent and fabric softeners but I couldn't find the ingredients to what was in them. I e-mailed and wrote letter to the wonderful people that produce these products and not one company would give the ingredients in the products.  What the hell!  When I started living on my own I would buy free and clear laundry detergent which eliminated the itching but still the ingredients weren't labeled on the huge jug of detergent.  Over recent years I have used organic free and clear detergents but I always wondered what harmful ingredients lurk in our cleaning products that just about everyone keeps on hand.  Is there a better way to clean our homes that doesn't wreck our families' respiratory systems.  My oldest daughter was almost hospitalized at six months for pneumonia and had yearly bronchitis till she was five.
Now I am convinced there is a better way and with inspiration from my favorite author Kim Barnouin whom wrote Skinny Bitch in the Kitch and co-wrote Skinny Bitch now has come out with a book Skinny Bitch: Home, Beauty, and Style which explains the chemicals in our homes and how to rid ourselves of them.  This book is inspirational along with the environmental working group web site http://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners/ I will rid my house of most toxins.  I'm excited and hoping the recommendations for cleaning products work effectively.  I will post what I use and I feel they work.  Can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment